Big Blue Swim School’s strong unit economics stacks up against other Franchise opportunity, and the brand’s real estate footprint allows for multiple classes to happen simultaneously to drive higher revenue than competitors in the space. Big Blue Swim School’s proprietary technology and distance-based curriculum sets franchisees up for long-term growth.
WHY THIS SWIM SCHOOL FRANCHISE
- Great financials that stack up against other franchise segments
- Recession-resistant since its founding during the 2008 recession
- LessonBuddy™ proprietary technology that operationalizes the business and provides a tool that parents love using
- Results that drive business growth through referrals
- Mission-driven business focused on an essential life skill
- The swim school industry is primed for a national player to emerge
- Unlike other brands, employees are full-time and receive competitive benefits, resulting in low turnover and higher customer satisfaction
FINANCIAL DATA COMPARISON
|CAPEX||Average EBIDTA1||% of Gross Revenue|
|$1,825,500 — $3,687,000||$787,9902||35.50%2|
|$2,218,250 — $5,000,500||$357,083||16.37%|
|$802,000 — $2,253,500||$117,7433||11.70%|
|$2,984,180 — $4,814,578||$556,7144||26.70%|
1. Adjusted operating income/earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization, “EBITDA”.
2.This financial performance representation discloses (a) historical information regarding the average and median Weekly Lessons, annual Gross Revenue, annual expenses, annual EBITDAR, annual rent and occupancy costs, and annual EBITDA for 3 BIG BLUE Swim Schools operated by our affiliate, Big Blue Swim Schools, LLC, in the State of Illinois that were open and operating for at least one full year as of December 31, 2018, and (b) certain current and historical “Capacity Planning Lane” information. Some BIG BLUE Swim Schools have earned this amount. Your individual results may differ. There is no assurance that you will earn as much. Please see Item 19 of Big Blue Swim School FDD issued September 7, 2019 for explanatory notes and details.
3. Mature, company-owned system restaurants of the dine-in, RBD and DBR restaurant concept type.
4. All facilities.
Source: Information taken from 2019 Franchise Disclosure Documents on file with the Minnesota Department of Commerce, available through the Minnesota Commerce Department website–www.cards.commerce.state.mn.us/CARDS/view/index.xhtml. We have not independently verified the accuracy of any numbers other than those for Big Blue.
real estate advantage
Competitors in the swim school space typically connect franchisees with local real estate brokers who source Class C or D locations in warehouse areas. Big Blue Swim School’s dedicated real estate team uses its data-driven real estate assessment methodology to identify prime real estate in trade areas that set up franchise locations for optimal results.
best in class
Our pool design gives us a structural advantage over the competition by driving customer lifetime value and allowing franchisees to better serve multi-kid families during prime demand times.
State of the Art
The pump room’s mechanics are AI-driven, consistently monitored and run through the mobile app LessonBuddy™. It is self sufficient, created for ease of use and has multiple filtration points that help keep the water safe.
Higher Revenue Potential
Proprietary Management Software
LessonBuddy™, our easy-to-use lesson management software and customer self-service mobile app, puts franchisees ahead of the competition.
CUSTOMER-FACING MOBILE APP
Families can schedule and reschedule lessons for their whole family with the touch of a button and track their swimmers’ progress all in one place.
Customer Management and Database
Track and manage families and swimmers with ease, add new swimmers and update billing.
Create class schedules that maximize the amount of students and the variety of class levels in the pool at the same time, which optimizes revenue potential.
Optimize capacity utilization. Manage and track the team’s daily schedule in a convenient dashboard.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
Daily Task List
Keep the team on track with ease.
Comprehensive tools to help managers maximize profitability.
Support For Franchisees Every Step Of The Way
Plan, source and deploy lead generation campaigns that drive customer awareness and interest ahead of your opening
Offer limited-time offers to eligible leads to develop your customer pipeline
Schedule lessons for your new customers and continue offering pre-opening deals to drive customer acquisition
1 Strong Starts
- You will be assigned a Launch Support Specialist that will partner with you in successfully launching your location
- Site selection and lease negotiation
- Full pool design and construction management
- Franchisor will handle all online and local lead generation for your new pool using our proprietary New Pool Opening (NPO) system; NPO support occurs four months prior to your grand opening through four months after your grand opening
2Ongoing Operational Support
- Monthly support calls to track business progress
- On-site training and continuing education
- Financial support, including KPI management, benchmarking and unit economic coaching
- Licensing compliance
- IT support and training
- Technology development support
- Annual in-market visits
- Hands-off, AI-driven facilities management
3 Ongoing Marketing Support
- Strategy and execution of fully integrated, 360-degree local pool marketing playbook
- National and local community marketing implementation and PR support
- Digital marketing strategy and ongoing optimization
- Social Media and Content Marketing management
- Blogger partnership management
- In-pool marketing creative development including wall mural, progress ribbons and stickers, promotional flyers and so much more
Member Service Center
The goal of the Member Service Center is to answer inbound calls to your location so that you and your team can focus on delivering a great customer experience within your location.
Big Blue Swim School offers facility management support through its easy-to-use mobile app that can help troubleshoot facility issues to help your business run smoothly. Optional on-the-ground support is also available.
Launch process overview
- Mutual Evaluation Process to Signing Agreements
- Welcome Call with Leadership Team and New Franchisees
- Site Selection
- Lease Negotiations and Lease Signing
- Design/Layout and CDs
- Construction Bidding
- Construction Phase
- Pre-NPO/Hiring Phase (starts with four months left in construction)
- Soft Opening/Training Event
- Grand Opening Event
- Launch Support Team In-Person Site Visits
- Franchise Field Support Ongoing Quarterly Business Review OKPs with Franchisees, Monthly Webinars, FAC Meetings and Annual Convention
let’s get started
Contact us today for more information about this exciting opportunity to become a part of our team:
READY TO APPLY
If you’re ready to dive in and begin the application process, click here for the franchise application.