The health and safety of our swimmers, families, and Swim Associates are always our top priority at Big Blue.
Per the CDC, there is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools. At Big Blue, we keep our water ultra-clean with a state of the art pool filtration system plus a UV light sanitizer to go above and beyond standard pool operation protocol.
As we continue to monitor CDC guidelines, plus state and local regulations in each market, we have created new protocol for families coming to Big Blue for swim lessons. Please note: details may vary as required by location.
- Please have your swimmer changed into their suit before arrival. Don’t forget to bring a towel, goggles (not necessary in Baby Blue), and a swim cap is recommended for children with hair longer than ear length.
- One caregiver will be allowed per three kids to manage numbers within our facility.
- We will perform a wellness check for each family member at the front door prior to entry to the building, beginning 5 minutes before the start of your scheduled lesson time. The front door will then be closed at 5 minutes past the start of scheduled lesson time.
- For Baby Blue, a parent or caregiver will need to get in the water with their child during class. Baby Blue swimmers that are not potty trained are required to wear a swim diaper under their swimsuit.
- Big Blue has capped our student to teacher ratio for all classes to ensure proper social distancing
- Baby Blue and Bright Blue curriculums will be updated to limit usage of pool toys, and any toys used will be sanitized between each lesson
- Our lanes are 7’ wide to maintain distance from other classes, and all Swim Associates in the water will be wearing face shields to provide additional protection for both swimmers and staff
- Within the waiting area, all cubbies and difficult to clean surfaces have been removed temporarily. In addition, all chairs in the waiting area will be placed 6’ apart
- Swimmers will exit from a separate pool door to provide a one way flow of traffic on the pool deck
- Private showers in the changing rooms will be closed until further notice
- We have added 15 minutes of time between scheduled lessons to limit traffic in the facility and allow for a thorough cleaning of all commonly touched surfaces between each 30 minute lesson block
If you would like to learn more about our COVID procedures, please visit our Health and Safety landing page. If you have additional questions, please call our Member Services Team at 847-729-7665 anytime.